One full week prior to your treatment:
- Discontinue any use of products or topical prescriptions that contain Retinol or Vitamin A.
- Avoid waxing, electrolysis, and laser hair removal
- Avoid sun exposure (indoor & outdoor wear SPF 30+)
- Do not receive Botox or facial fillers
- Do not have any other skin treatments unless recommended
Day of treatment:
- Discontinue all use of AHA, BHA and Benzoyl Peroxide
- Do not use any exfoliating products
- No shaving to be done on the area(s) being treated
- Do not wear any makeup or sunscreen for the first 12 hours
- Wash the face with a gentle cleanser with lukewarm water before bedtime
- Avoid any alcohol-based products as well as excessive sun exposure for 10 days.
- 12-72 hours post treatment mineral makeup can be applied, continue the use of a gentle cleanser, hyaluronic acid serum and physical SPF of 30 or higher.
- After 48-72 hours of the treatment you may return to your regular skincare regimen. Retinol products are strongly recommended for optimal results.
- Avoid sun exposure 7 days prior treatment (wear SPF 30+) and moisturize the skin well.
- Discontinue the use of any chemical exfoliants (AHA, BHA), Retinol and Vitamin C 7 days prior to treatment
- On the day of your treatment come in with a clean face and do not shave the area being treated.
- Avoid all sun exposures (wear SPF 30+)
- Avoid the use of AHA and retinol
- Do not rub or pick the skin
- Do not exfoliate
- Use lukewarm water when washing the face and hydrate the treated area
- Avoid sun exposure (wear SPF 30+)
- Avoid the use of any blood-thinning medication for at least a week
- Discontinue the use of any form of Vitamin A and acids for at least 60 days prior to your treatment (Retinoic acid, glycolic acid, tretinoin, AHA)
- Discontinue the use of Accutane for at least 6 months prior to your treatment.
- Make sure the treatment area is free of sunburn, suntan, herpes outbreak (cold sores), inflammatory acne, eczema, hypo or hyperpigmentation
- Avoid sun exposure (wear SPF 30+)
- For the first 3 hours, there will be redness and slight heat emanation from the treated area- this is a normal part of your body’s natural healing response (Do not apply ice or cooling compresses).
- Post treatment redness is mild therefore you may return to regular activities immediately.
- Moisturizer should be applied regularly throughout the course of your treatment and may be applied after treatment.
- Makeup can be applied after treatment, however always remove your makeup before bedtime.
- Follow your home skincare regimen
Laser Hair Removal
- The area to be treated must be shaved the day of or day prior to treatment
- Avoid any sun exposure 7 days prior to your treatment (wear SPF 30+).
- Avoid sunless tanning products 7 days prior to your treatment
- If you are sunburned or tanned you must wait 2 weeks prior being treated
- You should attend your appointments with clean skin; absolutely no products should be on the skin.
- Avoid any chemical exfoliation and other laser procedures for 2 weeks prior your laser treatment.
- Avoid all AHA and BHA products, hydroquinone, retinols/retinoid, Tazorac, and Differin for 7 days prior treatment.
- If you have any abnormal lesions, moles or spots on the area(s) to be treated, it must be cleared by a medical practitioner before to treatment.
- Do not wax, tweeze or epilate 3 weeks prior your treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores, it is highly recommended to take an anti- viral medication before your treatment.
- Clients with active cold sores will not be treated.
- Clients who have used Accutane or similar products within the last 6 months CANNOT have laser hair removal treatments.
- If you have Botox or dermal fillers in the area to be treated, you must wait 14 days both before and after injection to receive your treatment.
- Antibiotics may increase photosensitivity. We recommend that you check with your personal physician prior to receiving laser treatments if you are taking a long-term antibiotic. If you become ill and begin taking an antibiotic, you will need to be off the medication for 7 days before laser treatment.
- Avoid any sun exposure for 7 days post-treatment (wear SPF 30+).
- If blisters occur, do not puncture. If skin is broken, apply an antibiotic ointment until healed.
- Any over the counter medication is recommended for post treatment discomfort.
- Avoid using any heat on the area(s) treated immediately after your treatment.
- Avoid any chemical exfoliation and other laser procedures for 2 weeks after your laser treatment.
- Exfoliate treated areas to minimize the risk of ingrown hairs.
- If you experience any side effects, such as hypo- or hyper-pigmentation, prolonged redness, swelling, a histamine reaction, or blistering please contact us.