Facial is not only a beauty-enhancing treatment but also a stress-relieving session along with many other benefits. When performed by a certified aesthetician, a comprehensive facial session cleanses, hydrates, and moisturizes your skin. Also, facials in Richmond Hill Ontario give you a healthy glow.
The benefits of facial treatment are abundant, but only if you choose the right facial type and follow the other precautions related to it. In this post, we will discuss the selection of the facial treatment based on your skin type, frequency of the facial session to maintain the glow, and dos and don’ts related to the same.
Choosing the right facial based on your skin type
- If your skin is normal or dry, you should choose a facial with deep cleansing, moisturizing massage, and steam treatment. This treatment helps in removing extra dirt from your face. You should avoid too much exfoliating.
- If your skin is oily, you should choose a facial with deep cleansing and extraction with toning, a face mask, and protective serum. The mask will help in removing excessive oil, shrinking the pores, and making the skin soft.
- If your skin is a combination of oily and dry skin, you should mild products. You should focus on deep cleansing but don’t overdo it. The use of harsh facial products will aggravate the oily skin into breakouts and make the dry skin drier.
- If your skin is sensitive, you should avoid exfoliation or the use of Alpha-Hydroxy acid-based products. These products irritate and are not good for your skin. Instead, you should choose gentle massage or oxygen facials in Richmond Hill Ontario.
Frequency of the facial sessions
We know facial treatment is a bit expensive, especially if you are making an appointment with a certified and well-reputed facial expert. But it’s important to maintain the glow of your skin, prevent aging and treat specific skin conditions. So you should maintain a proper frequency for the facial session.
Generally, you should go for treatment every three to four weeks. In case you are working on specific conditions like acne, you should visit a salon every week. Rest, you should consult your expert for the frequency of the facial session. Sometimes, excessive sitting of facial is also not good for your skin.
Dos and Don’ts to follow after facial treatment
- You should apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes before stepping out of your house.
- In case you are exposed to sunlight for long, you should reapply the sunscreen or use one with higher SPF.
- You should use Vitamin C based serum or as advised by the facial expert.
- You should use gentle moisturizers and soaps to avoid any irritation and allergy.
- You shouldn’t touch after the facial treatment as it would mark(s) on your skin.
- You should avoid wearing heavy make-up for at least a day.
- You shouldn’t use toner for a few days as it can be harmful to your soft skin.
- You shouldn’t scrub your face too hard when washing and sweating.
- You should avoid threading and wax on your face.
Though no certain age is defined for a facial treatment, you should make it an integral part of your skincare regimen after the age of 30. It’s because toxins start building up on your face due to a stressful and busy lifestyle which results in aging at an early stage.
Lastly, you should choose qualified professionals and never experiment with different facial treatments.